Scan and blood yesterday. Scan showed empty gestational sac that had grown a little. HCG went up, but basically plateaued, to 4,555. I started light bleeding on Tuesday so, we decided to let my body continue to handle this. Hopefully the pain won't be too bad as we are headed to the desert for the weekend for a friend's 40th/4th of July. I think I am being a little naive about how bad it might be, though.
I asked Dr. M if the fact that this turned out to be a blighted ovum, rather than the chemical pregnancy we originally thought, changed his opinion about a gestational surrogate being the way to go. He said it did. He didn't want to tell me DE were the way to go at that point and wanted me to schedule a follow-up so the three of us could talk in light of this new development. It is scheduled for Monday afternoon. I am guessing that he will give us the DE talk then. I guess he wanted B to be there?
I am still processing all of this and just can't believe we are here--DE or GS. We just can't afford to pursue a GS right now and it sounds like it may not even be worth it. As for DE, I vacillate between being totally OK with it and it terrifying me. So, we have preliminarily decided to take a different path. Our plan, for the moment, is to do another cycle with my eggs at CCRM and do CGH. Hopefully that will give us a complete picture of whether our embryos are viable. There are of course, a lot of issues with this choice that need to be discussed such as cost, my poor response, and the failure of all of our embryos to survive the thaw. But, for now, this is the option that we are going to pursue. We have a follow-up consult with CCRM on July 14. Until then, I am going to try to take a break from all this craziness and find some happiness again. Oh, and miscarry...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment