We had our follow-up consult with Dr. Surrey at CCRM on Tuesday. It went relatively well. Basically, he agrees that it is most likely an egg issue and our best chance would be through an egg donor. That said, he agreed that a cycle with CGH/microarray is a feasible option and would, if nothing more, "at least give us an answer." He doesn't believe in immune issues and said he wouldn't even put me on the Prednisone and Lovenox that I was on for the last two cycles. However, we have pretty much made up our minds that we will go forward with a CGH/microarray cycle at CCRM. We have some insurance that will pay for part of the cycle and, as Surrey said, it will give us an answer, if not a baby. I think it would make the DE decision a lot easier to make knowing that my eggs are the issue. So, we'll head out to CCRM and do our one-day workup with my next cycle and then cycle in September or October.
I rehashed the CCRM consult with Dr. M that afternoon and he agrees that CGH is the way to go. He told me to call him if I need anything in the meantime and that he is "in this for the long haul." Sigh....
---------------------------------
On to a completely different topic....I read an article this morning that sparks an issue I have been struggling with for the past couple years. About a month after my D&C after IVF #2, I received a significant raise. I remember thinking that the miscarriage was OK as there was no way I would have received the raise had I been pregnant. The industry I am in is just not mommy friendly. You have to make a decision--your career or family. Yes, you can do both, but it doesn't seem that you are going to do either well, especially in my specialty, which requires ridiculously long hours. I haven't had to face the decision, yet, and have been fairly successful in my career thus far. Would I give it all up in a heartbeat for a baby? Of course. Do I wish that I could have both? Absolutely. I guess we'll see where the chips fall when they do. Until then, I work my ass off to pay for the opportunity to get the one thing that I want so bad that will apparently ruin my career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment