I broke up with Dr. M today. What did he do to deserve this? Gave me the donor egg talk.
We had our follow-up consult (by phone) with Dr. M this afternoon. First, I filled him in on the lack of bleeding/pain I have been experiencing. He said I need to come in for a scan. (I go in tomorrow morning and hopefully this will just have been the easiest miscarriage ever.)
Then we moved on to the reason he wanted us all to talk again. He said that based on what happened with this last cycle, and the fact that my uterus supported and held on to a failing pregnancy, he no longer thinks that a GS is the right choice. Rather, he thinks that DE would be more appropriate. That said, he didn't say that was our only option. He seemed open to me cycling again with my eggs. I asked about CGH and we discussed the issues with it in detail. He said that basically only two clinics are doing it in the US. When I told him that if we pursued it, it would be with Colorado, he was relieved. We then talked about the doctors in Colorado we are looking into (Schoolcraft and Surrey) and he had nothing but great things to say about them both. He agreed that CGH was a good next step for us and said that he would call and discuss me with either doctor in Colorado if we needed him to and "of course" would do my monitoring if we do cycle there.
It makes me really sad that our path with Dr. M has ended. He is a fabulous doctor and person and I wanted to have success with him. I also know that I won't be able to duplicate this relationship with any other RE, especially if cycling out-of-state. That said, I know this is the right choice for us right now. So, I'll go home and bake for the final time (for now, perhaps more if we do a CCRM cycle and he does our monitoring) for Dr. M. And next week we will have our follow-up consult with CCRM and start down that path.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment