Went in yesterday morning for a scan and yet more bloodwork (my 6th Beta). We saw what appeared to be a small sac in the uterus and Dr. M couldn't find anything that looked like an ectopic. I tested at home Sunday and Monday mornings and the tests seemed to be getting lighter, so I told Dr. M that I thought my HCG would go down. He told me thathe wasn't as eager to give me Methotrexate given the sac in my uterus, but worse case scenario, I would ultimately have to have a D&C if we got past the point where I could have the shot. I told him I wanted to avoid the shot if at all possible, but would agree to it if my numbers kept going slowly up. I was thinking there was no chance that was going to happen and my numbers would go down.
Well, Dr. M called yesterday afternoon and I asked if I was right. He said, "No, your number actually doubled from Friday." So, I am going in Thursday for yet another scan and more blood. Is there a chance that this will work out? I honestly have no idea and wasn't able to discuss it with Dr. M when he called as I was at lunch with a co-worker. He didn't seem too positive yesterday morning and I am guessing that didn't change with the less-than-stellar rise. But, the number is going up and there was a small sac. Once again, we wait and see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment