CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm Pregnant!

It turns out I didn't have to wait two weeks for the ultrasound. I woke up the morning of March 17th with terrible stomach cramps. I layed in bed for awhile willing them to go away. When they didn't, I started to read the Devil Book, aka What To Expect When You're Expecting, and convinced myself I was either having a miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. Therefore, I called Dr. Jan's office in tears and was quickly given a morning appointment. B and I raced to his office and were taken right back to a room. Dr. Jan tried to comfort me by telling me that this happens, if there is no blood (there wasn't) that is good, and it was probably a cyst that had ruptured. He then did an ultrasound and said, "there's your baby." I was mesmerized. B says he teared up. Then Dr. Jan measured the sacs. At that point, I was at 5w4d, but the sac was only measuring 4w6d. I expressed concern to Dr. Jan and he brushed me off with the fact that the ultrasound can be up to a week off and everything was fine. So, we went on our way with our picture of our little one.

The following Thursday happened to be my 31st b-day. I went to Court that morning and then to the office. I went to the bathroom shortly after returning to the office in the late morning and noticed a little tiny bit of bright red on the tp. I kept wiping and a small dot of bright red kept appearing. I was struck with fear. Could this really be happening on my b-day? Was this the end? I went back to my office and called B in tears. He made me call Dr. Jan's office, who told me I had to go home right away and spend the rest of the day on bed rest. I quickly found someone to handle a Court appearance I had the next morning and left the office. I spent the rest of the day in bed crying and praying that everything would be OK.

Early the next morning, we went to Dr. Jan's office for another ultrasound. Everything looked fine and there was a heartbeat! I was overjoyed as we watched the flash on the screen. I asked Dr. Jan what the heartrate was and he said it was "irrelevant" at that point. WTF? But, ok, I guess. Also, although I was 6w3d, I was still measuring a few days behind. Again, Dr. Jan said it didn't matter and everything looked great. We scheduled a regular appointment for one week from that day.

No comments: