Well, so much for cycle #5. I was cancelled yesterday as I had a raging dominant follicle on my right ovary, measuring about 18mm, with a few others on my right and left measuring about 8. So, I get to return to the start, Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Oh, and you got to spend $3,000 for nothing.
I go in tomorrow morning for a scan/bloodwork to see if I will ovulate on my own. If I don't, I will be triggered. No Hail Mary IUI, though, as Dr. M wants to start me on a lupron cycle and if I somehow got pregnant from the IUI (ha ha), that would be bad. Not really sure when the lupron would start, but I believe it would be before I start my next period.
A Lupron cycle terrifies me since I am not a spectacular responder as it is. Dr. M said he really didn't want to have to do a lupron cycle with me, but feels it is necessary at this point. I asked him if we should just give up at this point. He said he "would like to try this." So, it appears that "this" will be out last hurrah. Although, I made an appt. for a phone consult with CCRM. It is not until 12/9, but I think it might be good to get a fresh pair of eyes on my non-conducive ovaries.
I should know more about timing tomorrow after my scan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment