CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

12.2.08

So, I didn't surge on my own and triggered last Monday morning. I went in this morning for a scan to check and make sure that I had ovulated and didn't have any cysts, at which time Dr. M intended to start me on lupron. Well, not so much.

Turns out that I have a HUGE (4x3) cyst on my left ovary. Dr. M just seems to be at a loss and even said that the picture of him that I am using as a dartboard must be getting a lot of holes in it. I know this is not his fault, but it does seem like everything does keep going wrong. I feel like I am in good hands, but we are going to have a consult with Dr. Surrey at CCRM next week just to see what he has to say. I figure it can't hurt, might help.

Dr. D, my new acupuncturist (I switched about a month ago) is working to get rid of the cyst. I have new herbs and he told me to cut sugar, alcohol, and caffeine out completely. He also told me to exercise as much as possible, take saunas, steams, etc., as cysts are filled with fluid and sweating will help make it go away. B was very happy to hear that tip...

I start Estrace pills and progesterone suppositories today to hold my period off for awhile to hopefully give the cyst time to go away. I go back to Dr. M a week next Tuesday morning to see what the status of the cyst is. If it is still there and large, then I will have to go on birth control for three more weeks and then start lupron. I am so tried of waiting, but there is nothing else I can do at this point...

No comments: