CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Underwhelming

I had my first scan/bloodwork of cycle #5 yesterday morning. I had a feeling where it was headed as I was still spotting and my thoughts were confirmed. I have one larger follicle on my right with maybe two other smaller ones and one or two small follicles on the left. It appears that, despite the 375 iu of stims that I am injecting myself with, nothing seems to be growing. The bloodwork confirmed this: my E2 was 71 and my LH was 5.54.

This is basically where we were at this point of cycle #4 and we ultimately retrieved 7 eggs. Dr. M kept me on the same amount of stims and is hoping that things will start growing and my estradiol will begin to rise. I am doing everything I can not to feel dejected already. We started with a higher amount of stims, I am going to acupuncture twice a week, brewing and drinking herbs. Things should be better this time, not more of the same.

Next scan/bloodwork tomorrow (Friday). We'll know more of where this is going then. In the meantime, think good thoughts for my follicles that they grow and recruit some friends to come along for the ride.

No comments: