CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catch Up

A lot has happened since my last post. I keep meaning to write a new post, but my nights get away from me and I don't want to post from my office.

So....we had our re-group with Surrey last week. A few days before that, I got a call from my RN to let me know my AMH number. It was not so good, a .6. So, I freaked out and proceeded to second-guess myself and wonder whether it was even worth it to do another cycle with my eggs. After reading a couple success stories of women that had lower AMH levels, I started to feel a little better. Our re-group was pretty uneventful. The only thing new we discussed was the protocol that he was going to put me on--Microdose Lupron. At our one-day he had mentioned an Estrogen Priming Protocol so, I questioned this and voiced my concerns about being on the pill and lupron. He said he thought this was the best for me and I chose to trust him.

I had my endometrial biopsy last Friday. It was not anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be and my results came back normal today. So, that is something good.

I also had my day 2 blood drawn and an ultrasound to check the cyst on my left ovary this morning. Dr. M did the ultrasound and the cyst was still there--he said "oh you mean this cyst that has been here forever?" He said he didn't think that would stop us from proceeding and he was right, I got the all clear from Dr. Surrey to go ahead and start the BCP tomorrow. I should get my blood results tomorrow and hopefully my FSH won't be crazy high (which, he says is 15) and we can actually proceed.

I will be on the pill for 13 days, take a day off and then go in for a baseline ultrasound and blood on the 10th. If that is OK, I will start lupron on the 12th and stims on the 14th.

I am looking forward to getting going with this cycle, but it terrifies me at the same time. I am living in a constant state of self-doubt these days. Wondering whether this is the right thing to do, whether it will be a waste of time and money, whether the protocol is right, etc., etc. I know I have to trust in the doctors--CCRM is, after all, the top clinic in the country. I guess I am just scared because this really is it for us with my eggs.

1 comment:

LadyEm said...

I hope everything goes well for you. Love your blog, too. Good luck!