CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Beginning

So, after reading others for a long time, I have finally decided to start my own blog to keep track of and share my thoughts and feelings, irrational or not, regarding our journey on the path of TTC. I will start from the beginning...

B and I were married in 2002. We knew that we wanted kids, but were certainly not in any hurry. However, shortly thereafter, I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis in January 2003 during a laparoscopy. Thereafter, my OB/GYN kept track of the endometriosis. I had a second laparoscopy in May 2006. I had an HSG immediately and everything was clear and open and we started trying to get pregnant. My doctor wanted to put me on Lupron, but I convinced her to let me try to get pregnant on my own for 3 months. Well, May, June, and July came and went. In August, she put me on Clomid and we did an IUI. When that didn't work, rather than going on Lupron, we went to see a RE--Dr. Jan.

Dr. Jan thought we should continue with Clomid/IUIs. So, I had a scan to make sure everything was OK to start Clomid and what do you know, another endometrioma. My options were (1) take birth control pills to see if it would alleviate, (2) surgery, or (3) aspirate (drain) the cyst and move on. As I had just had surgery 4 months prior, we decided to proceed with BCP to see if that would take care of it. After two months on BCP, the cyst was still present and the same size. So, our choices now were surgery, which would cause more damage to my already operated upon twice ovaries, or aspiration. After much discussion with the doctor, we decided to aspirate the cyst and move directly to IVF. I was nervous and excited and couldn't believe we were proceeding!

No comments: