I went in to have me E2 and P4 checked on Monday, per CCRM's request. I snuck a Beta in, too, in light of the fact that I had some light pink spotting last week. My nurse called me Monday afternoon and said "well, your numbers went down" and then proceeded to tell me my E2 and P4 numbers. I asked what my HCG was and she said 4,684. She initially said that although both had dropped, which was concerning, they were above where they wanted them to be and we should just retest my numbers on the 11th when I had my ultrasound, but I pushed to go back sooner based on my history and we ultimately settled on testing again today. After freaking out a bit, I called Dr. M and he put my mind at ease and said he wasn't concerned at all.
So, I tried to put the fear aside. And it worked, somewhat, until I went to the bathroom yesterday morning and saw blood. I quickly went back to my office and called B and proceeded to start crying, which is awesome given that my office wall is all glass. I decided to leave work and called and left a message for CCRM on my way home. To make a long story short, CCRM said to continue on my meds and get an ultrasound if I could. I called Dr. M's office and ultimately talked to him and he said I needed to change progesterone forms and he called a PIO prescription in for me. He also said he would scan me this morning when I came in for blood.
Needless to say, yesterday afternoon/night was awful. B and I were heartbroken. Although the bleeding tapered off, I still believed my body had killed another embryo. I had an overwhelming feeling of dread going in this morning for the ultrasound--I told B I felt like he was driving me to the executioner. But then, the ultrasound wand went in and there were two sacs. Both have yolk sacs. To say I am in shock is an understatement. My HCG came back today and more than doubled since Monday. My progesterone is back up to normal, but my estrogen dropped again. However, it is still above where it needs to be and Dr. S said it's OK and just to test next week when I have my next ultrasound. I am just hoping and praying that we'll have heartbeat(s) then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment